Who Should Go Chrysalis?
Chrysalis is designed for high school youth ages 15 to 18. At this age, young people are making major decisions about religion, lifestyle, vocation, and lifelong relationships. Chrysalis challenges them to grow not only in mind and body but also in spirit and faith.
- Are members of a local church
- Have a desire to strengthen their spiritual lives
- May have unanswered questions about their faith
- Understand that being a Christian involves responsibility
- Are willing to dedicate their everyday lives to God in an ongoing manner
What happens after the Chrysalis Weekend?
You are invited to have a closer walk with Christ for the rest of your life; this is called the Fourth Day. Those who attend a Walk to Emmaus are encouraged to:
- Expand their own spiritual lives through worship, study and active participation in their local church
- Become more active disciples of Christ in service to the world
To nurture this process of discipleship, the Emmaus movement offers specific opportunities. First, groups of four to six people meet weekly to reflect on their spiritual journey and encourage one another in accountable discipleship. Second, there are monthly community gatherings where Emmaus participants meet for fellowship, worship and instruction. Third, community members are regularly informed of the support needs of upcoming Walk to Emmaus weekends, and other opportunities for servant leadership.