Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What do I bring?
- All medications: If you need to take them at a certain time, please let your sponsor know and they will ensure that someone on the team is made aware of this.
- Sheets & blanket OR sleeping bag, pillow for a twin bed.
- Toiletries, towel(s), wash cloth(s), blow dryer.
- Umbrella and maybe a rain jacket
- Flashlight with fresh batteries
- Extension cord or power strip (you may not need, but someone might)
- Mosquito repellant for when you are outdoors
- Bring clothes suitable for warm or cooler weather. Remember Indiana weather can change overnight
- Comfortable walking shoes. You will be in a conference room most of the time but you will be walking a couple of different time outside – weather permitting.
Question: What I Don’t Need to Bring
You do not need to bring your cell phone, watch (regular or internet capable). Cell phone – this is your time with God; a phone will connect you to the outside world, this is a time to concentrate on God. Watch – the Emmaus team will make sure you get to where you need to be, no need to worry about what time it is.
Question: Do I need to take off work?
Yes you will arrive at camp Thursday evening and return home Sunday evening.